Do you thrive within an exciting and dynamic environment? The Te Awa experience is one of absolute passion. Proudly New Zealand owned, and part of the wider Villa Maria Estate, we have an unrelenting commitment to quality, through focusing on innovation, sustainability and visionary foresight. Te Awa winery is an award winning winery estate and and 1 hat restaurant located in the famous Gimblett Gravels, in Hawke's Bay.
We are looking for an outstanding and experienced Duty Manager to support our Assistant Hospitality Manager part-time and to operate our front of house functions, both Restaurant and Retail. Our Restaurant is a mix of day time a la carte and evening functions, including weddings. This is a hands on position that is responsible for the successful management of a passionate team and the daily operations of fast paced environment. This will include:
- To provide excellent food service and consistent floor management presence
- To support and provide on-going training and leadership to the Front of House team
- In depth knowledge of all brands wine, food menu and respective wineries
- Working with Hospitality Manager to achieve budgeted sales and wage costs
We are seeking someone who is gregarious, with an effervescent personality who can easily make guests feel welcomed and at ease, while at the same time, be able to juggle a number of competing demands that is expected of a busy restaurant. Your standards are extremely high and you know how to effectively manage the business to get desired results.This role and will suit a go-getter who thrives under pressure, has impeccable time management and organisational skills, but above all else, is focused on service excellence. Other qualities we are seeking:
- Minimum of 1 year people leader experience in a hospitality environment
- Excellent wine knowledge
- Be able to work weekends and flexible hours
- Strive for consistent positive feedback from customers to assess their satisfaction within all food & beverage departments
- Duty manager license and at least 1 year experience in managing licensed premises as manager on duty at functions & weddings
- Given the rural location, must have a full drivers license and own reliable transport
Only applicants with legal rights to work in New Zealand permanently can be considered for this role.If this sounds like you, please apply today!