Do you thrive within an exciting and dynamic environment? Do you want a work-life balance?
The Te Awa experience is one of absolute passion. Proudly New Zealand owned, and part of the wider Villa Maria Estate, we have an unrelenting commitment to quality, through focusing on innovation, sustainability and visionary foresight. The award winning Te Awa winery restaurant is set amongst the vineyards in the famous Gimblett Gravels wine growing district in Hawkes Bay. We operate 7 days a week for lunch and some evenings for private functions and weddings – meaning you will be able to have most evenings off.
About the Role:
In our restaurant, you will be responsible for providing an outstanding dining experience for our guests. Your time will be busy taking orders, making coffees, running food and explaining our sharing style menu as well as recommending wines from our extensive wine list that incorporates wines from all four brands of the Villa Maria family of wines.
This is a fixed-term position which will include weekday and weekend work with occasional evening shifts.
We are seeking a confident and veracious individual who truly cares about delivering great customer service. Other qualities we are seeking include:
- Have a genuine passion for great food and wine whilst love delivering amazing dining experiences.
- You will either come with relevant experience, or you be completing a formal hospitality qualification and want to get your career underway.
- Engage easily and naturally with dinners while maintaining the level of professionalism people expect from fine dining.
- Take pride in yourself and your work.
- Be able to work weekends and flexible hours
- Given the rural location of the restaurant and potential late night finishes you must have a full drivers license and own reliable transport.
Only applicants who are eligible to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role.
If this sounds like you, please apply online today!