Villa Maria remains a 100% family-owned business with sites in Auckland, Hawkes Bay and Marlborough along with sales / distribution presence in a number of international markets. Villa is NZ's most awarded wine brand and earlier this year, was recognised as one of the top three most admired wine brands in the world as judged by Drinks International.
The reason for these accolades and behind the glitz and glamour is a dedicated, passionate and diverse group of people that make this family owned wine company something special.
In this role you will be carrying out vineyard machinery operations as planned by the Vineyard Manager including but not limited to:
- Crop spraying, harvesting, trimming, mowing, weed spraying
- Irrigation and trellising maintenance
- Vineyard development
- Vine pruning and other vineyard tasks as required
We are looking for individuals with passion and drive for continuous improvement in vineyard operations. To be considered for this role you must have:
- Good initiative and attention to detail in all operations to achieve optimal fruit and wine quality
- Excellent communication and a commitment to workplace safety
- Minimum class 1 Full NZ drivers Licence - Over-row machinery experience would be an advantage
- A willingness to learn and develop yourself
What We Offer:
We are dedicated to provided the best possible environments for our teams and we work hard to provide a workplace that is safe, inclusive and family focused. Having recently reinvigorated our training and development programs, we believe that we provide some of the best opportunities about.
We can also provide full training, competitive remuneration packages and an environment in which you feel appreciated.
Whether you are a skilled operator looking for a new challenge or looking to get a start in the industry we are interested in hearing from you.
Eligibility to work in New Zealand permanently is required.